Another year nearly behind us…
Here are a few things I’ve gathered so far while living this thing called life.
In no particular order:
1. The world does not come at us, it comes from us and it is where we aim that determines where we go, where we stand, and where we end up. Reach for your goals unquestionably and bravely; no one else is going to do it for you! It’s not a question of possibility, it’s a question of when.
2. Be happy for others! There is no comparing anyone in the world. Ever hear the saying that we are all unique? Well, it’s not a crock of shit… it’s true, so stop comparing yourself to anyone. Comparing gets you nowhere. Being happy for others will bring you so much peace and joy, so start doing it!
3. Asshole boys don’t make for good boyfriends. Asshole people don’t make for good friends. Your life will catapult into infinity once you gain the confidence to set them free.
4. Seek out the greatness in others and you’ll find it! Become a believer! It’s a whole lot easier to be a non-believer but start believing there is a lot more good in the world than there is bad. Believe that life is an adventure that should be lived with passion. Believe that your friends are the best people in the world. Believe that miracles come from the goodness of people’s hearts. Believe that you are in control of your destiny.
5. If some dude rejects you, I guarantee you that more than likely, it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with him. Don’t take it personally. IN FACT, stop taking anything personally… It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them. This works both ways though, so keep yourself in check too! (See #7)
6. You can’t explain everything, so stop trying. Stop thinking about it. Stop losing sleep over it. Stop stressing about it. Stop. Let it go and breathe. Rest easy knowing that you know absolutely every detail that you are supposed to know in this very moment. The rest might be revealed to you at a later date… If not, you weren’t supposed to know. Let it go.
7. No one has the power to make you feel a certain way. You own how you feel and choose how to feel. You can’t blame anyone for where you’re at, how you’re feeling, or how you’ve dealt with things. Own it and choose wisely.
8. People come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. Embrace that and know that no matter which one it is, they are all meaningful and no less important one way or the other.
9. Today is a new day!!
10. Financial ruin is a shitty and slippery slope… Keep on top of your finances and know where to draw the line! Credit is not free money. Everything has a price.
11. No one’s got it all figured out! If they do, careful ’cause when the wheels come off, it’s gonna be a train wreck! Life is a journey. If we all had it figured out, we’d all be enlightened… If we were all enlightened, would there be a point? Plus, messing up and figuring it out is all the FUN!
12. Be patient. In every aspect of your life, be patient. Life’s so much sweeter when you slow down and enjoy the small pleasures that life has to offer if you’re willing to look for them.
13. Travel. Gaining an appreciation for other cultures will enrich you beyond your wildest dreams. Soak it in and do it as much as possible.
14. Seek out adventure in unexpected places.
15. Face your fears head on. The rush you behold after facing a fear is one of the highest natural highs I ever have experienced. Experience that. Be fearless.
16. I’ve opened enough bill folds and had my heart sink enough times to know that I can afford to make my waiter or waitress’ night. If you can too, do it.
17. A healthy mind has an easy breath. Know that you can breath through anything.
18. Over indulgence once in a while isn’t such a bad thing. Over indulgence all the time is a bad thing. Balance is key.
19. Volunteer your time to a charity that means something to you. There is no greater gift than your time and your love. Give just for the sake of giving.
20. It’s never too late… for anything! Change is a good thing.
21. Grand gestures mean someone did something wrong. Don’t look for the grand gestures, instead appreciate the small gestures.
22. Smile more. You can never smile enough. Along with this, say your please and thank you‘s more than you think you should. You never know the impact those simple words have on people around you. Show kindness.
23. People who are dissatisfied with themselves will try to break you… It’s not the end of the world; they’re simply scared to death that you did not settle for mediocrity.
+1 for good measure…
People will derail you along the way. Pain will strike. Shit happens. Smile and continue on your journey while staying true to yourself. Know that these things that may seem like “obstacles” at first glance, are actually OPPORTUNITIES and moments for growth and transformation!
Here’s to an awesome 2011 and many more lessons!
Spread the love ♥